Jess's Reviews > Vampire, Interrupted

Vampire, Interrupted by Lynsay Sands

Dec 18, 2008

bookshelves: lynsay-sands

Fantastic! This might be my favorite book in the Argenau novel's!

This book centers around family matriarch Marguerite Argeneau. She is currently working as a P.I trying to help Christian Notte discover his long lost mother. His father, Julius, refuses to tell him his mother's name and every P.I he has ever hired, is scared off by Julius.

Marguerite is determined to help Christian, and then she is attacked in her hotel room and almost beheaded. Christian's father shows up and ends up revealing that Marguerite is indeed his lifemate and he will help them while they searched for Christian's mother so that he could keep Marguerite safe. There are so many twists and turns in this book, and it was very difficult to try to guess at the mystery of who Christian's mother is, and why people seem intent on killing Marguerite.

I really enjoyed being to read more about Marguerite, because it was obvious in the other books that she was very focused and devoted on her family. But it was nice to see her have a chance at being happy as well. It was also nice to see her family gathered together in it, and get glimpses into how they are doing.

But this book definitely needs to be read after reading Vampires are Forever. The two books have story lines that are occurring simultaneously. And the two story lines converge towards the end of Vampire, Interrupted.

Sign into Goodreads to see if any of your friends have read Vampire, Interrupted.

message 1: by Ana (new) - added it

Ana Menendez-tuckman I like the theme of this book - do you need to read all the other Arganeau books to enjoy it? Is it suitable for a mystery book club?

Jess They do a bit of an explanation at the beginning of the books but because the main character is so integral to the other books I think it would be best to read the previous ones in the series.

There was definitely a mystery, probably not what hardcore mystery genre enthusiasts are used to!