Bex's Reviews > Taking Charge of Your Fertility: The Definitive Guide to Natural Birth Control, Pregnancy Achievement, and Reproductive Health

Taking Charge of Your Fertility by Toni Weschler

Aug 30, 12

bookshelves: feminism
Read in August, 2012

I'd bought this book years ago, I think when I was doing training to be a doula. I'd read over the basics, but only recently stumbled upon it again, and my love is renewed! Very informative, very woman-centered and body-positive. This is, from my viewpoint, a very feminist and hands-on approach to understanding fertility, and one's body.

After reading this, I realized that I have no patience for friends or medical providers that cringe at the notion of discussing fertile cervical fluid.

I strongly recommend this book to anyone interested in understanding fertility of the female body. Several sections describing nutritional standards that can help men, as well.

Oddly, there doesn't seem to be much (if any) attention paid to folks that aren't coupled partners trying to conceive or prevent conception. I would love to see a welcoming in of these different groups, perhaps in a future edition.

Sign into Goodreads to see if any of your friends have read Taking Charge of Your Fertility.