Marie's Reviews > 2nd Chance

it was ok
bookshelves: mystery-thriller
Read in November, 2008

Chapter 1
I drove up to the library in my black Miata. Walking in, I thought, "Hell, I deserve a book, I've had a rough couple of days." I searched the shelves looking for books on my list...nothing. I sighed. Oh but what did I see? A James Patterson, I couldn't wait to tell the girls. I grabbed it and went to check out. The clerk told me I owed a fine; I exhaled. I must have gotten distracted from returning books before - when I was on the job of my lifetime that catapulted me into the spotlight. Now look at me, I was back at the library, putting it all out on the table, ready to shake things up. I paid the fine and left with 2nd Chance.
Chapter 196
I met the girls at the bar to discuss the book. Jill looked at me, took a deep breath and said, "Now listen lady, we've got to figure this out together. We've been in tougher reads than this." But had we?
I wanted to tell her that Patterson's introduction of how great his book was and that it would be unput-downable gave me cause to worry from the beginning. That it seemed like the book version of "Charlie's Angels." But I didn't dare say anything yet; these were MY girls I couldn't disappoint them. I sighed and took a sip of my beer.

Sign into Goodreads to see if any of your friends have read 2nd Chance.

04/09 marked as: read

Christi your review is AWESOME!

TAMMY CUEVAS I think your review may actually be better than the book! LOL

Sylvia What wit! Lol.

Betty I agree with the others, your review pegged it...I was trying to come up with the perfect description but nothing could surpass Charlie's Angels! Way to go!

Jaclyn lol. I agree better then the book. Awesome review!

Deepa Swaminathan LOL, good one!

Paula Such a great review! I am envious and enjoyed it more than the book.

Beth Jackson- king lol great!

Amélie Great review! I loved the way you wrote it. Amazing imagination!

Richard J. Stutz Do you jerks who comment even know a good book? I think you are all trolls who just want to see your words printed.

message 11: by Orsi (new) - added it