L-D's Reviews > Chaser

Chaser by Rick R. Reed

Aug 31, 12

bookshelves: m-m
Read on August 29, 2012

Oh - this book was almost really good for me but the ending had me turning pages wondering if my eBook got cut off somehow. Caden is a man who has let his best friend Bobby influence his hook-ups over the years. While Caden prefers men with a little more meat, he lets himself be steered toward the more ripped and gorgeous men that Bobby prefers and has yet to meet anyone long-term. Caden finally meets Kevin who is perfect for him in every way. Perfect heftier physique but with a nurturing and kind personality. They hit it off immediately and form a pretty close connection. Unfortunately, circumstances take Caden out of town for 6 weeks and Kevin uses that time to trim down, eat healthy, and start working out. When Caden comes back to a buff and fit Kevin, he is thrown and finds himself not as attracted to the man he was growing to love. I loved Kevin and I obviously had some issues with Caden being hung up on looks in the reverse way that his friend Bobby was but I had faith that Caden would realize that it's what's inside that counts. I was really enjoying the book, even enjoying the evil genius that was Bobby, but then the book just sort of ends. I turned the page and saw the author's bio and was thinking huh? WTF? I literally flipped the page back, then forward, then back again in disbelief. This book would probably have been a 4 or 5 star book with a simple epilogue. Not just an epilogue, I even felt that the last chapter ended too abruptly - almost in the middle of a thought? And what about Bobby? Certainly that can't be all? I was kind of bummed because up until the ending I was really into the book.

Sign into Goodreads to see if any of your friends have read Chaser.

dateDown_arrow    newest »

message 1: by Morgana (last edited Aug 30, 2012 12:49PM) (new) - added it

Morgana Hey Lannie! :) I bought Chaser the day it came out but haven't read it yet. Hopefully, I will find some time to read it this weekend.

BTW, you don't need to worry about Bobby's story. Rick R. Reed IS going to write it. He commented on Erin's review -> here.

message 2: by L-D (new) - rated it 3 stars

L-D oh no! Bobby doesn't deserve his own story! I will admit he was the most interesting part of this book, but his own story with a possible HEA?? I'm not sure about that!

message 3: by Morgana (new) - added it

Morgana He was that bad, huh? Damn, now I'm really afraid to start this book.

message 4: by L-D (new) - rated it 3 stars

L-D I don't want to say anything to spoil it!

message 5: by Morgana (new) - added it

Morgana That's ok. I don't want any spoilers. I'm just so curious about this Bobby person!

Deeze Hey Lan, I agree with you. Both on the abrupt ending and on Bobby's story lol. (view spoiler) Spoilered just in case lol.

message 7: by L-D (new) - rated it 3 stars

L-D That is totally where I'm coming from too Deeze! (your spoiler). That is exactly how I'm feeling about Bobby!

Deeze Hopefully there will be something in Bobbys story that we can focus on and forgive him eventually, but I think its a good thing we wont be able to read his story for a while. I need time to start to forget just what he did lol.

message 9: by L-D (new) - rated it 3 stars

L-D I am a glutton for punishment, but I would definitely read a story about Bobby :)

Deeze Yep despite my feelings now, I'll be ready to read just who can make it through Bobbys outer shell to the "good guy?" underneath lol. Hopefully Bobby will have to really work for it though.

message 11: by L-D (new) - rated it 3 stars

L-D I know - that's why I'm curious. I just need to know how Rick Reed would make this work.