Zareena (The Slanted Bookshelf)'s Reviews > Paper Valentine

Paper Valentine by Brenna Yovanoff
Sign into Goodreads to see if any of your friends have read Paper Valentine.

Quotes Zareena (The Slanted Bookshelf) Liked

Brenna Yovanoff
“You can't keep acting like this," Lillian says, and for the first time in months, it's like she's actually trying to be nice. "Tragedy isn't this evil thing that came from outer space. It's just there, you know. Along with everything else.”

Brenna Yovanoff
“Are you waiting for someone to come and get you?” I whisper. I sound small and thirsty. He doesn’t answer. Instead, he bends his head and kisses me, just once, then let’s me go.
When Connor would kiss Angelie in the halls last spring, he did it like he was trying to suck the chocolate off the outside of a Klondike bar.
It could last for hours. This is more like seeing a star fall - thrilling and soundless and then over.”
tags: kiss, love

Brenna Yovanoff
“The fact is, the contest has always been invulnerability, and even when you win, you still lose.”

Brenna Yovanoff
“how awful to never be allowed to fail”

Brenna Yovanoff
“Kissing him is like the wildest, most thrilling thing that has ever happened to me. It's like diving into the deep end over and over. He touches the curve of my lip with his tongue, just once, so softly, and I think the whole world is ending, the sudden warmth of his mouth jolting through me like a shock. I hold on like I'm falling off the top of a tall cliff or I'm lost at sea, like he's the only thing solid in the whole tilting world.”
tags: love