Peter Rosch's Reviews > Mr. Peanut

Mr. Peanut by Adam Ross

Aug 30, 12

Read in August, 2012

Adam Ross. I share your pain. You have written a wonderfully dark book, a piece of fiction born from the very real complexities of matrimony–the type of book that makes one uncomfortable as their minds begin to wander from the story at hand to their own stories at home. I suspect that combination is what has led so many folks to rate it poorly. Your book cover has a skull on it, and maybe a whole slew of readers just assumed it would be about skeletons, literally. Who knows?

What I do know, is it took me on a wild mental journey while I was reading it, and perhaps more importantly, usually for a few hours after I set it down in between sittings. The various stories are crafted superbly, and while there was a time or two that I found myself desperately wishing you'd get back to the primary narrative between David and his wife, I was always psyched that I didn't let my impatience get the better of me. Well worth the time I put against reading it, and I'll be very curious to see what you put your mind against next.

This is the part of a review where one might usually say something like, "not a book for everyone." I say bullsh*t on that. It IS a book for everyone, unfortunately, some people have and will continue to read it before they are truly ready for it.

Sign into Goodreads to see if any of your friends have read Mr. Peanut.