Lovey Dovey Books's Reviews > Until My Soul Gets It Right

Until My Soul Gets It Right by Karen Wojcik Berner

Oct 09, 2012

Read in October, 2012

Until My Soul Gets It Right is just as compelling as the first novel of the Bibliophiles series, A Whisper to a Scream! Karen Wojcik focuses on Catherine Elbert this time around and chronicles the different stages of her life before she joins the Classics Book Club, and after as well. The style of this novel was slightly different as it opened almost immediately in Catherine past. This method of telling her story worked for this character, but it gave Until My Soul Gets It Right a disjointed feel in relation to the series as a whole. I appreciated reading the catalysts behind many of Cat's decisions, but I would've wanted to see more of her life after joining the Classics Book Club, which only came significantly into play during the last several chapters.

Berner's characters from the first novel, Annie and Sarah, had relatable stories, but Catherine's is one that could catch the attention of a wider audience. After a bittersweet parting from her hometown at a young age, Catherine loses sight of her wants. She has a general idea of how she wants her life to play out, but her travels change her and she struggles to fit in whatever new life she makes. The outcome of Catherine's story is a big difference from that of Annie and Sarah's, and I really appreciate how Berner doesn't allow her stories to follow the exact same pattern. This excellent addition to the series will endear readers to the Bibliophiles indefinitely!

Originally posted on Lovey Dovey Books
*Copy provided in exchange for an honest review and blog tour purposes*
1 like · flag

Sign into Goodreads to see if any of your friends have read Until My Soul Gets It Right.