Lauren's Reviews > Full Blooded

Full Blooded by Amanda  Carlson

Sep 01, 12

bookshelves: arc, blood-suckers, court-intrigues, fantasy, he-wore-tight-breeches, kidnapped, leather-pants, supernatural, wolfish, what-a-witch
Read from August 29 to September 01, 2012

This book was entertaining enough until the last few chapters where it fell apart.
Jessica had grown up in a pack of werewolves of which her father was alpha. Females are an anomaly and no one expected her to change. The other hitch is when she was born an anonymous letter arrived called the Cain myth that predicted her existence would destroy the pack.
Jessica was living her life out apart from the pack when she late blooms into a werewolf one night.

(view spoiler) Where are the stakes? She's the alpha's daughter and has complete control over her wolf when no other werecreature does. How does she do this but need everyone else to risk their lives for her just because she's female?
(view spoiler)
I never warmed up to Jessica or her plight of being the only female werewolf that had to be protected at all costs. Her powers were too Mary Sue. She told us time and time again she had to earn her right to live off the compound but her dad gave in and listened to her every time. When was he overbearing? Jessica is twenty-six years old and had been living on her own for years. I was glad he respected her but she kept claiming she had to fight for her right to live alone. I never saw an example to prove this. Show not tell. Why did he let the pack abuse Jessica? She was more powerful than even the Alpha but always had to be protected. She needed a scene where she protected herself if I'm going to believe this. It made more sense to kick people out of your pack that asked for your baby daughter to be murdered.
They dropped the Ray plot line for half the book. Jessica used to be a cop until one cop became suspicious and started stalking her. This could have been where she handled something on her own but instead the pack handled all of her problems.
We were told time and time again she was special because she's female, lycan, etc. etc. These were all attributes she was born into.

(view spoiler)
21 likes · Likeflag

Sign into Goodreads to see if any of your friends have read Full Blooded.

08/30/2012 page 107

message 1: by David (new)

David M I agree with you, for the most part. There were a bunch of little things that bothered me as I was reading along. (For the record, a detective will not be assigned to your break in if you live in a city of any size...and they won't finger print your apartment.) The insta-lust thing was annoying, but I guess finding a mate was necessary for the next book? Still, her independence never really came through.

To be fair, apparently there was a prequel that I hadn't read, which covered her fight to leave. Maybe some of this is covered there: