Shreeka's Reviews > If I Lie

If I Lie by Corrine Jackson

Sep 16, 12

bookshelves: my-fav-of-all-tym, my-fav-narrators, want-to-read-it-again, emotions-filled
Read in September, 2012

this is one of those books which neither has a happy nor a tragic ending. but it ends content with hopes. and those kind of books are really rare to find because most books would always find a way to work out things in the end. and thats why i really really LOVED THIS BOOK!!
Reading the story lead me to shed big drops of tears until the end. and even after i finished the story, i was crying like crazy and yes i cried the whole night! i admit im one of those who have a soft spot inside but no other has turned me into the emotional wreck that i was after reading the book. my heart broke a couple of times. some wounds are so deep they can never be healed. that is basically the main theme of the story which i absolutely loved.

i have to say it was an amazing writing by Corrine Jackson. and im looking forward to her other works. this book definitely deserves a standing ovation..really..

Sign into Goodreads to see if any of your friends have read If I Lie.

Quotes Shreeka Liked

Corrine Jackson
“Sometimes a moment defines you, defines how people see you for the rest of your life. You can accept it or fight it. If you're lucky, you'll recognize the moment when it happens.”

Corrine Jackson
“Some words hit you like a tree branch slapping you in the face. And some words rip into your flesh, leaving scars so deep, they never completely fade.”

Corrine Jackson
“The truth is, some apologies never see the light of day.”

Corrine Jackson
“It sounds so perfect. He’s defending me because Carey would want him to. It’s not about me. It never is, with these two boys. Blake lets me take the blame, and Carey uses me.”

Corrine Jackson
“This honor crap isn’t for the weak.”

Corrine Jackson
“That’s war, kid. You can hate the guy next to you, but he’s always got your back.”