Jo Anne B's Reviews > When in Doubt, Add Butter

When in Doubt, Add Butter by Beth Harbison

Aug 29, 12

Read in August, 2012

I really enjoyed is book. It was so fun and light-hearted which reminded me of the whimsical Donut Shop books. I thought the premise of this book was original and that is hard to find in these kind of books. The main character is a private chef which was very interesting to read about. I would love to have one of these and only thought celebrities and rich people had them. In this book, regular people were her customers. Some did have peculiar requests and it did shed some insight into the life of a private chef. Like do you cook everything at home and bring it to them? Do you cook all their meals for the week and leave directions? Have to watch out for food allergies and cross contamination. Seems like it would be pretty time consuming. But she does manage to go out and have a life with her friends sometimes and even finds love in an unexpected place. But that is pretty typical of these books. All happy endings. It's nice to escape reality sometimes though isn't it? After all that's what reading is for.
1 like · likeflag

Sign into Goodreads to see if any of your friends have read When in Doubt, Add Butter.