Sue's Reviews > To Turn Full Circle

To Turn Full Circle by Linda Mitchelmore

Aug 29, 12

Read in June, 2012

A very enjoyable read – it didn’t take me long to be hooked into the story. I really liked Emma, despite being young, she was resilient and fiesty having to overcome some difficult situations and prejudices against her. She had to make the most of the circumstances forced upon her and often comply to the wishes of those around her who had her ‘best interests at heart’ – although it could sometimes be argued just whose ‘best interests’ were at the fore.

Seth, Emma’s long time and all time love, didn’t always get it right and their relationship had to endure some pretty tough times – really testing their feelings for each other. Seth carried a lot of responsibilities on his shoulders, often inflicted on him by his wayward family but he always strove to do the right thing. He was a good, honest and likeable character.

Matthew, her unofficial guardian, was a great character and I warmed to him immediately. I would definitely like to know more about him and hope that he reappears in future books of this trilogy.

I enjoyed finding out how society around this time worked – an era that I haven’t read about until now. I enjoyed Linda Mitchelmore’s easy style of writing and lovely refreshing similes.

I shall certainly look forward to reading more about Emma Le Goff.
Likeflag

Sign into Goodreads to see if any of your friends have read To Turn Full Circle.