Wealhtheow's Reviews > Lady Knight

Lady Knight by Tamora Pierce

Aug 29, 12

Read in July, 2012

Kel goes through her Ordeal, and comes out a knight--but a knight with a mission. She's been given a vision of the abominations being created to attack Tortall, and she wants to pursue the vision immediately. Instead, she's ordered to command a refugee camp. She hardly knows where to begin, but her years with Lord Raoul pay off, and she quickly gains the respect of the soldiers, refugees, and convicts through her organization, quick thinking, and hard work. But Kel can't stay off the front lines forever, and eventually she must face down the man who kills children and uses their souls to power war machines.

I loved reading about Kel's time running the refugee camp/fortress. She considers so many options, and works herself so hard; it's inspiring. I wasn't so thrilled by her climactic battle at the end--I felt like she got so much help from cats&dogs that she hardly did anything.
2 likes · Likeflag

Sign into Goodreads to see if any of your friends have read Lady Knight.

Kelly H. (Maybedog) Somehow I haven't read this one. I've read all of the others and the ones she wrote previously but not this one. It's been on my list forever. It's number 37 out of nearly 1300!

Wealhtheow You might like this more if you don't read the whole series in a week like I did. I might have been too hard on poor Kel just because I was a little too familiar with Pierce's narrative tics.

Kelly H. (Maybedog) Good point. That's often true.