Claudia's Reviews > My Family and Other Animals

My Family and Other Animals by Gerald Durrell

Aug 29, 12

Great reading - one of the most enjoyable and yet insightful ever. I believe that the narrative charisma of Durrell remained unsurpassed after this first, unique biography, in which the journey with his family from the UK to Greece that led him to discover his passion for etology is narrated in an entertaining, at time profound and at times instructive way. The microcosm of a Greek island, an inexhaustible source of curiosity for animals and their behaviors during Durrell childhood, becomes the mirror through which reflecting on the laws that govern nature, and human relations as part of it; but what makes this book unforgettable is that the little, yet infinite world of inspirations that will lead the author to become one of the most known ethologists in history will wake up, along the whole reading, the own inner world of forgotten passions: those we had when we our garden was the whole world we knew.

Sign into Goodreads to see if any of your friends have read My Family and Other Animals.