Nayab's Reviews > Seducing Cinderella

Seducing Cinderella by Gina L. Maxwell

Aug 29, 2012

Read in August, 2012

** spoiler alert ** Seducing Cinderella was recommended to me by one of my Twitter friends, After finishing my then current book, I was on the look-out for a new one (even though my ‘To Be Read’ stack is sky high LOL) so I decided to check out ‘Seducing Cinderella’.

What a read it turned out to be! I was shocked to read that this was Gina’s first book because I really couldn’t tell. In fact the writing was FLAWLESS. I couldn’t find anything to complain about in this book (and for me that’s saying something).

Everything from the characters to the plot was faultless. I flew through the book in less than 3 days; I couldn’t believe how fast I had read and it was all down to Gina & her writing.

I don’t normally ‘go’ for tattooed male leads in any of the books I read but UNF… Reid was just… UNF.

What with Reid being a mixed martial arts fighter I had thought we would get more fight-centric scenes (which was what I was dreading about this book) but I was surprised to see that there were no graphic fight-scenes or any fight scenes come to think of it, yet it didn’t seem strange at all. If anything, I was so engrossed in what I was reading, I didn’t even realize that there were no fight scenes until I finished reading the book.

I L-O-V-E-D the fact that Lucie read books! There are hardly any books out there these days with heroines who read as the main character. As soon as I read the words “Bookish Lucie Miller” in the blurb, I knew I was gonna buy this book (I’m a sucker for heroine’s who read).

The ending wasn’t dragged out, which is another bonus. I mean normally in books with the whole ‘Start off as friends then become something more’ storyline, things get dragged so much (even for a slow build-up kinda gal like myself) that it puts me off the book.

The whole Kyle and Eric bar scene was hilarious! It was definitely one of my favourite scenes.

I do wish though that Jackson had made an appearance (an actual appearance) in the book rather than just the odd mention/phone call. I would have loved to see the relationship between Reid and Jackson, even though we were told about it, I would have liked to experience it myself. Not to mention the protective older brother scene we would have gotten, I love those.

Sign into Goodreads to see if any of your friends have read Seducing Cinderella.