Amanda's Reviews > Fighting Ruben Wolfe

Fighting Ruben Wolfe by Markus Zusak

Feb 16, 09

bookshelves: 2009, fer-teenagers-kids-and-younguns, recommended-by-others
Recommended to Amanda by: Kim! She's in love with Markus Zusak. Understandably.
Read in February, 2009, read count: 1

Sign into Goodreads to see if any of your friends have read Fighting Ruben Wolfe.

02/11/2009 page 44
20.09% "Markus Zusak broke into my house and stole all the cash from under my mattress. With the money, he purchased tap shoes and danced 'til dawn"
02/13/2009 page 97
44.29% "Time doesn't know I exist. But I chase it, begging to let me worship."
02/14/2009 page 165
75.34% "Sometimes I wish."
02/14/2009 page 168
76.71% "Cameron says, "I'm so scared of failing that I have accepted it. I've given in to it, almost as if I won't try because it will only make thi"
show 1 hidden update…

message 1: by Kim (new) - rated it 4 stars

Kim Mandy... go find this! It's wonderful!!

Amanda This might be a good excuse to get me on my bike today. I can ride to Barnes and Noble and read it on their fluffy chairs and not pay for it!

message 3: by Kim (new) - rated it 4 stars

Kim Yay fluffy Barnes and Nobles chairs!!

message 4: by [deleted user] (new)

Yuck. Those "fluffy chairs" are lodged with the ghosts of thousands of dead farts. You reactivate them all when you plant your keister on 'em.

Enjoy inhaling people's ancient butt gases.

message 5: by [deleted user] (new)

I wonder if the Secret Service ever gets wind of one of Obama's air biscuits. And then does Obama say, "The smeller's the feller"?

message 6: by [deleted user] (new)

Heh. Um. So what's this book about?

Amanda It looks like it's about gay teenagers, judging by the cover. (Which I always do.)

message 8: by Amanda (last edited Feb 09, 2009 12:43PM) (new) - rated it 4 stars

Amanda PS. I never made it to Barnes & Noble. I've been busy adding facebook photos! I'm the most productive person alive.

Maybe I'll go tomorrow...

message 9: by [deleted user] (new)

Borders has leather chairs and you, David, are disgusting!

message 10: by Kim (last edited Feb 09, 2009 12:56PM) (new) - rated it 4 stars

Kim Amanda wrote: "It looks like it's about gay teenagers, judging by the cover. (Which I always do.)"

Did you not read my review!?!?! God, David, I'm surprised you leave the house sans Hazmat suit.

edit: okay, it DOES look like gay teens from this cover.. but this isn't the cover I had, so I didn't catch that the first time.

Amanda I have now!!!!!!!!!!!! SORRY!
I'm currently regretting not reading this book this afternoon.

message 12: by [deleted user] (new)

and you, David, are disgusting!

I can't wait to talk about poop and farts with you in person, 'Tambs.

message 13: by [deleted user] (new)

message 14: by Kim (new) - rated it 4 stars

Kim I am, I am totally in love with Markus Zusak. I can't wait to hear your thoughts!!!

Amanda I've already been crying this morning. Over his sister. I had to put it down at the end of Chapter 3, though. I cannot, CANNOT, get sucked in today! Even though I want to... :)

message 16: by Kim (new) - rated it 4 stars

Kim It's a fast read, Mandy... You can---yes, you can--- get sucked in.