Alisa's Reviews > Rise of the Elgen

Rise of the Elgen by Richard Paul Evans

Aug 29, 12

My two complaints: This book came out on the second day of school... right as I'm trying to get my kids back in school! Even though I had limited time, I squeezed in some time to read this book because I really liked the first book. The second complaint: The cliffhanger that has me waiting another year (and I just heard that this is a 6-book series - Yikes!).

Michael and his friends escape the Elgen, meet an anonymous ally (known as "the Voice") who helps them with one of the escapes and gives them the resources to get to Peru, and penetrate a heavily-guarded fortress in Peru to rescue his mother. It takes the talents of all the electric children, the brains of Ostin, and the brawn of Jack and Wade... plus a few new characters and one more defector to make it all happen!

We also learn in this book how evil Dr. Hatch really is... some of those parts were a little disturbing, but necessary to show what Michael Vey and the Electroclan are really up against!

I can't wait to read the next book in this series... I only wish it would come out sooner... *sigh*

Now to clean my house which has been severely neglected while I read this book and got my kids back in school... ;-)

Sign into Goodreads to see if any of your friends have read Rise of the Elgen.

dateDown_arrow    newest »

message 1: by Ben (new) - rated it 5 stars

Ben This is a 7 book series Lol

Lacretia Lol, totally agree with the disturbing parts!! My 10 yr old son just told me 'its cause you're a girl!!'