Jennifer's Reviews > The Dirty Girls Book Club

The Dirty Girls Book Club by Savanna Fox

Sep 12, 12

bookshelves: erotic, romance, first-reads
Read from September 11 to 13, 2012 — I own a copy, read count: 1

Instead of giving you yet another recap of the book description I’m just going to jump right into my opinion of Dirty Girls Book Club. I think that this story was very well written. The details were very thorough and the editing was fantastic. Personally I’ve been aggravated lately with stories that have so many errors that you need to reread a paragraph ten times to figure out what they actually meant to say. That is not a problem here. Samantha’s editor is on the ball. However, in my opinion, the title of the book didn’t do any justice for the story inside. Luckily, the story more than made up for it.

Georgia’s character comes off as up tight and prudish in the start of the story and Woody seems a bit arrogant and very relationship shy. But they both have good reason behind their behavior. Georgia believed appearing too feminine in any situation would give men an invitation to go after what wasn’t offered and due to her upbringing she felt very strongly that she needed to be independent above all else. Woody’s upbringing wasn’t any better. He had a past that he tried very hard to keep out of the limelight, which isn’t easy to do when you’re a hockey star. For his entire career Woody managed to avoid doing product endorsements, but when his manager gambled away all his money, Woody was left with no other choice if he were going to help his sick mother. And then there were his trust issues. But I think anyone who’s had so many betrayals – by people you should be able to trust above all else – would feel the same way.

To me the characters were very real. Maybe not so much common, since we can’t all be sports stars or big-time ad execs, but for the situation it couldn’t have been more genuine. These are real people problems and real people responses to the given situation. This is a book I would definitely recommend to anyone who loves a good romance story that isn’t far-fetched.

Sign into Goodreads to see if any of your friends have read The Dirty Girls Book Club.