Megan's Reviews > Final Life

Final Life by Rose Garcia

5208301
Sep 03, 12

Read from August 29 to September 03, 2012

So I joined this book tour for a few different reasons… the first being I love being a part of a book tour! I get to read so many books by authors that most people have never heard of! The second reason I wanted to be a part of this book tour is because the book sounded completely different from anything I had read before.

The book is still paranormal… it is rare that I veer too far away from that genre (although I am getting better at branching out) and as with most books that I have had the opportunity to read from a tour… I was pleasantly surprised by this one.

Dominique is a normal teenage girl… but what sets her apart is that she has already lived 8 other lifetimes she just cant remember them, although her parents always do. I cant even imagine how that must feel… her parents have lived every life over with her, and each time they have to watch their daughter die.

This book also introduces us to Farrell, who is super awesome he is powerful as well as sweet. It is also super obvious how much he cares for Dominique even though he does a pretty good job of hiding it.

Then there is Trent, he is human 100%... or is he? I don’t think I am completely sold on him being a human… but I don’t want to give anything away… so lets just say he is basically perfect! He is popular, nice, sweet, loves and takes care of his grandmother, and he falls for Dominique hard. Oh did I mention that he is hot as well?

If I had to choose who Dominique gets with I would definitely have a very hard time because both of them seemed perfect for her!

The other thing I really enjoyed about this book, is that unlike most YA books Dominique has and lives with both of her parents. Sure they don’t have a normal relationship by any means, especially when she realizes her ‘destiny’ but she still has 2 parents who are happily married, not dying, and love her unconditionally! How rare is that for a YA book!?

If you have not heard of this book before, or the author Rose Garcia… go to Goodreads right now and check them out! This is a fantastic first book in the series and I can not WAIT for the next book to come out! I will totally be hoping I can be a part of a future book tours involving Rose Garcia!

Sign into Goodreads to see if any of your friends have read Final Life.

dateDown_arrow    newest »

Rose Garcia Thank you for the great review! I'm so glad you liked Final Life!