Dougal Trump's Reviews > The Magic Thief

The Magic Thief by Sarah Prineas

Aug 30, 12

Read from August 29 to 30, 2012

This is a really great book about a poor street boy called Conn, who steals a stone from an old man. But the old man is a wizard and the stone his like his wand. The wizard isn't very pleased, but he is surprised that Conn isn't dead, because that's what normally happens if you touch a wizard's stone. Well, Conn might have survived, but his problems are only just beginning - now he has to put up with being the servant of a seriously grumpy wizard and his hard as rock bodyguard, who doesn't like him. Then there is the horrible Underlord, nasty plotting wizards and now Conn is the only one who can save them all from a horrible disaster - but who will believe him? I liked this book because people often don't believe me either, so I could sympathise with Conn. But Conn is great, because be doesn't let all this get him down. After living on the streets, he knows how to look after himself and that's another thing I like about Conn. I wish I could steal a stone from a grumpy wizard and have an adventure like that!

Sign into Goodreads to see if any of your friends have read The Magic Thief.