Fatema's Reviews > Spark

Spark by Brigid Kemmerer

Aug 30, 12

bookshelves: 2012, 3rd-person, favorites, made-me-tear-up, netgalley, paranormal, series-to-finish
Read from August 29 to 30, 2012

Before I start my rant on how good this book is I'm going to admit to the sad fact that i still haven't read the first book in the series. Yes, Yes I know, shame on me. I truly regret it after reading this book. I didn't really have to read the first book in order to understand this book, but i still cant wait till i get my hands on it. That's just how good this book is.

Ten pages into this book, i fell completely in love with Gabriel(most of the time i wanted to give him a big bear hug). He's a really complicated character (did i mention that i love complicated characters). He's also a sweet and kind guy, but he's also broken and has anger issues. He's very self conscious of the fact that he cant control his power, especially after everything he's been through. He's flawed, but sweet and completely adorable.

I also love the family in this book. The boys fight and aren't always pleased with each other, but are always loyal to each other. I have to say, i was hoping that Spirit Was going to be about Nick. Although there is that novella that i can not wait for.

There was also Layne, the love interest. i liked her character. She had her own dysfunctional family that she had to deal with. The dynamic between herand her brother was great, i loved it. We get to see into her mind for a good portion of the book. I was immediately curious about her and the fact that she had secrets of her own. Her relationship with Gabriel felt right. it didn't feel forced or fake. They fit together like puzzle pieces. I loved them together.

All in all, this book was amazing, it was filled with heat(no pun intended) and was a beautiful read. I can not wait for the next installment in this lovely series.

An advanced copy was provided by the publisher through Netgalley.

1 like · Likeflag

Sign into Goodreads to see if any of your friends have read Spark.