QueenB's Reviews > Grave Memory

Grave Memory by Kalayna Price

Aug 28, 12

Very strong entry in the Alex Craft series by Kalayna Price. Lots of movement for several characters and in Alex's career. I feel like my Alex is growing up...and learning the hard knock way. I looove any scene with Alex and her father. I feel like that man is sitting on a mountain of secrets and one day...there will be an avalanche.

As any good romantic triangle will teach us, frustration is a real thing. Oh yes. I have to be honest and say that although I enjoy a well written triangle, and Ms Price is a very good writer, I'm a bit over the triangle aspect. Which surprises me. I'm not a huge fan of the fey in stories and I was intrigued by Death from the beginning so the fact that Ms Price has me firmly enjoying the world of the fey she created and rooting for Falin is worthy of note. LOL. I do enjoy that we get more of Death in this one but I feel as if Alex is too conveniently wishy washy and bouncing between the two men mentally just a bit too often. I get they both have had huge impacts on her life, but it's hard to enjoy her time with either one if she's constantly thinking about the one she's not with. I know she's torn, now I'd like to get what her feelings are for each without constant mental interruptions.

Other than my own personal issue of being a bit over romantic triangles and this one in particular, the story is well written, action packed and as always, I can't wait to see what lies ahead in the next one. Ms Price gives the reader just enough answers to satisfy while tantalizing her audience with newer and bigger questions that left me wanting to read the next book and find out just what is going on.

I give this one an A- or 4 1/2 stars.
Likeflag

Sign into Goodreads to see if any of your friends have read Grave Memory.