Ashley - Book Labyrinth's Reviews > My Super Sweet Sixteenth Century

My Super Sweet Sixteenth Century by Rachel  Harris

Sep 03, 12

bookshelves: dac-2012, for-review, from-publisher, netgalley, young-adult
Read from September 02 to 03, 2012

If you’re looking for something light and fun, look no further than ‘My Super Sweet Sixteenth Century’. Ever since I saw that cover with the old timey clothes juxtaposed with the backpack I was intrigued by this book, and I’m glad I had the opportunity to review it. I feel like this book offers exactly what you’d expect it to. I was looking for a fun time travel adventure with a little bit of romance, and that’s precisely what I received.

The romance angle was definitely sweet. Even though Lorenzo seemed cheesy at first, he definitely becomes more appealing as Cat gets to know him. There was definitely major chemistry between these two! The time travel itself had a pretty solid explanation, despite it being magical, which I enjoyed. Cat herself is a bit hard to understand. She accepted her situation pretty easily, and she also seemed to change fairly easily. I would have liked her transformation to be a bit more gradual, and for the eventual lessons she learned to be less didactic.

Overall I would recommend 'My Super Sweet Sixteenth Century'. It doesn’t stick out as a favourite, but it does stand out as fun. This is a great read when you’re looking for something lighter, and it’s also appropriate for younger YAs.
1 like · Likeflag

Sign into Goodreads to see if any of your friends have read My Super Sweet Sixteenth Century.