Lenore Webb's Reviews > The Haven

The Haven by Suzanne Woods Fisher

Aug 28, 2012

Read in August, 2012

I have been reading The Haven by Suzanne Woods Fisher. Suzanne was so kind as to do our Mother's Day Guest Post this year. I love how Suzanne can look at an every day life and pull out that lil nugget of gold. The pearl of the day that reminds you that there is a plan to our lives.

While reading The Haven at night this last week I really missed being at home. Still I could think of those lil pearls in my days both where I was and those in the past. Especially when I read on page 189 where Sadie is asked if she always sees the world with a good outlook. It is so important to look for the good. To see that sometimes the lil things can be the blessing of the day. On a hot Texas day it might be noticing the beads of sweat on your ice tea glass, so thankful for that cool drink and a moment to rest. Sadie (the main character in The Haven) sees it in the special gift that was dropped in her lap. Sure it will cause problems but she knows that it is the pearl of her life. And she is determined to make The Haven that needed for herself and her family.

Sign into Goodreads to see if any of your friends have read The Haven.