Cape Rust's Reviews > Scott Pilgrim's Precious Little Life

Scott Pilgrim's Precious Little Life by Bryan Lee O'Malley

Aug 28, 12

Read in August, 2012

Yes I’m an old fart and while not culturally starved as some of my fellow “adults”, I’m not exactly what you would call cutting edge. I never read the original Scott Pilgrim series. I remember buying it for my youngest daughter for Christmas a few years back. She loved the gift and both of my daughters read the hell out of all of the books. They would often read me funny passages and show me the quirky illustrations. I caught the buzz about the movie, put two and two together and went out and saw it, I was not disappointed. Fast forward to the release of Scott Pilgrim Volume 1: Precious Little Life; I opened it and loved seeing Scott and his crew in full color. I was just fine with the original black and whites but it really popped in color. Most of the colors in this book matched the movie. I’m not sure which came first but it worked on both levels. The story showed me just how close to the first book the movie actually was. There was some additional information that you can only get from a book and I was happy to drink it all in like a soy coffee! The additional information at the end of this book is a treasure trove for any Scott Pilgrim fan. This is a precious book that can be enjoyed by all ages, even old farts like me.

Sign into Goodreads to see if any of your friends have read Scott Pilgrim's Precious Little Life.