Donna's Reviews > Unhappily Ever After

Unhappily Ever After by Eric Hobbs

Aug 28, 12

I received a copy of Unhappily Ever After from the author for an honest review.

Unhappily Ever After begins with Tay and Wes's return to the 'real' world. Unhappily is a perfect way to explain their return. Both kids keep saying things are 'off'. A quick return to the library offers an explanation and once again the kids are going back to Oz. Except, everything is different. Oz is a much darker place.

The story is wonderful. Ms. Hobbs has included aspects of Oz that are unique to the book, things not from the movie. I loved the way in which we saw both Wes and Tay grow as characters. These are not the same kids we saw in the first book. These kids are well aware their actions caused horrible consequences. All the changes in Oz are a result of their visit. They must fix the problems.

We see some familiar characters, Scarecrow, Tinman and of course (my favorite) the Lion. Alas, Dorothy is no longer around. The Wicked Witch controls Oz, along with her flying monkeys.

If you enjoyed the first book The Librarian, you will enjoy the continued adventures of Wes and Tay. This is not the end of the story. I look forward to the third book. I would love to see Wes and Tay resolve the problems they have created. By the way, I went back and reread my copy of The Wizard of Oz...Enjoyed it much more after reading Eric Hobbs books.

I give this book 5 stars.

Sign into Goodreads to see if any of your friends have read Unhappily Ever After.