Vishous's Reviews > The Perfect Game

The Perfect Game by J. Sterling

REALLY?! I MEAN, REALLY?!?!?

description

it would be 1 star (didn't like) but the way jack apologized in the fucking end, IN THE END, actually saved the book. i mean i was so frustrated with them! this review will contain lots of spoilers so please don't tell me you haven't been warned, because i ain't hiding them!

first:
it was like reading soft version of "beautiful disaster";

second:
all the time he called her kitten and all the time i tried to remember why is that so fucking familiar to me too, together with first one,in which book did he call her also like that all the time and also teased her about it, and then it hit me!;

third:
are you girl really so fucking stupid??!!!!!!!?!?!?! i've read books that have more irritating heroine then this, but this, this is..... arrrrgh i mean he cheats you, then he gets her pregnant then he goes and marries her (EVEN THOUGH YOU BEGGED HIM NOT TO), then he comes back but you leave, then you mope because he doesn't even bother to text you for 6 months but then he comes and then he apologizes on the most cutest way ever (this i have to admit is the reason i gave one more star) and above all of that YOU ARE APOLOGIZING TO HIM!!!!!!

WTF?!?!!?!?! IS SOMETHING WRONG IN THIS UNIVERSE??!?!?!?!?!

forth:
jack is obviously stupid! his logic is so stupid and so irritating and so "uuu i need to be punished for hurting her so i'll do everything to fuck things even more worse"...
honestly i wanted to kick them both for being so annoying!

description

this book started so boring then started to give a hint to become something but then jumped to soooo much drama, and then i was just rolling my eyes and wanting to end this because it was becoming so frustrating to read it!

i apologize for such a outburst but i feel better now...

Sign into Goodreads to see if any of your friends have read The Perfect Game.

10/24/2012 "why is this story so familiar to me???? :)"
10/24/2012 "really????
description"
10/24/2012 "oh for the love of god...."

Kellie is a bookwhoreasaurus good review, sorry you didn't like it. I loved it, but we're all different! ^_^

You referring the Kitten thing to Daemon in Onyx?

Vishous Yeah, I really wanted to like it but man it was so frustrating :)

Blacky *Romance Addict* Ahahaha hilarious review V! So, to avoid at all cost? hahahahah

Vishous honestly don't know :D it's short so why not and read it, maybe you would like it :)

Cathy Wow I might not have read this book if I read your review first but I must say that I didn't hate it as much as you! Great review!

And every time he called her "Kitten" I kept thinking of Mace from Kristen Ashley's Rock Chick series. It sounded cooler from Mace though.

Vishous Cathy wrote: "Wow I might not have read this book if I read your review first but I must say that I didn't hate it as much as you! Great review!

And every time he called her "Kitten" I kept thinking of Mace fro..."

i forgot mace! mace <3 i didn't hate it, funny but i have a couple of books on my favorite shelf that have more irritating heroine, and are more frustrated so i really wanted to like it because i love that type of books but something just pissed me off all the time :D

Cathy Gotta love Mace - he was my favorite in the Rock Chick series (haven't read Hector's story yet so will see). This is usually my favorite type of book too. I didn't find Cassie as annoying as some other heroines luckily...but you're right, the whole "oh, it's my fault even though you're the one who f**ked up" really got to me too.

Vishous Yep that just didn't go well with me, maybe if the book was longer and didn't go so fast maybe I would even like it, it was to much drama in couple of pages

Vishous Tnx baba :)

Britney I am so glad to see that I was not the only one completely frustrated and then downright pissed over this book! I about came unglued myself when Cassie was apologizing to Jack. I literally shouted REALLY??!! You have got to be kidding me! Cassie was a fool and Jack was an ass with no real redeeming qualities. For the first time ever, I found myself rooting AGAINST the main couple. The best part of the book was when it was finally over- not the ending itself, just being finished with the train wreck of a story.

Vishous LMAO i thought i was the only one too! I see you were frustrated too hahaha i am so happy i'm not the only one hahaha

message 13: by Vishous (last edited Nov 12, 2012 11:41AM) (new) - rated it 2 stars

Vishous But i gotta admit i did like the way he apologized in the end and that is why i gave 2 stars but as a couple they were frustrating as hell!

Britney Vishous wrote: "LMAO i thought i was the only one too! I see you were frustrated too hahaha i am so happy i'm not the only one hahaha"

LOL okay I might have went a little over the top...nope, I take that back. I stand by my rant completely! haha
You are definitely not the only one! I was so annoyed with the book that when I finished it I had to go read a few chapters of my favorite book to make me calm down. HA
His grand gesture was too little too late for me. It was cute and all but after the whole 6 months without a word deal, nothing short of a miracle would have done it for me!

Vishous Yes yes yes totally and then she apologizes to him! Lol i'm becoming pissed just talking about it haha

Britney I almost threw my ipad across the room when she apologized to him!!! UGH. Okay i'm officially getting pissed myself. LOL Stupid book!

message 17: by Dee (new) - rated it 1 star

Dee Jeez, same here! So frustrated with both the characters. They were both very immature and stupid. :\

Vishous dannah yes! good to know there are few od us haha

Britney Yay! More people to join in on the hating fun ;)
Hahahaha

message 20: by [deleted user] (new)

Completely agree. Ugh to the nth degree!!!! ALSO, this is supposed to be a girl who has major trust issues? He f's up ROYALLY, in the worst way possible, and then she reacts like THAT? Doesn't even make any damn sense. Ugh.

message 21: by [deleted user] (new)

Oh, ALSO (can you tell I'm seriously pissed about this book? ;) He marries that skank WITHOUT even getting proof of an actual pregnancy or that it's his??? I mean, it's right there in front of him that that girl has slept with every guy on the team and that she's just a groupie golddigger so WHAT.THE.HELL? His managers don't insist on him getting some proof? And THEN, Cassie just brushes it off to "his heart being in the right place?" Please. Just please. So mad.

Vishous Terra wrote: "Completely agree. Ugh to the nth degree!!!! ALSO, this is supposed to be a girl who has major trust issues? He f's up ROYALLY, in the worst way possible, and then she reacts like THAT? Doesn't even..."

this whole book doesn't make sense, too much drama for sucha short read :) you know what bugged me the most? when she went to beg him not to marry him! omg so he won't ruin his life? omg who does that? who? after everything! that really made no sense :DDDDD women aren't like that at all :DDDDD

Vishous Terra wrote: "Oh, ALSO (can you tell I'm seriously pissed about this book? ;) He marries that skank WITHOUT even getting proof of an actual pregnancy or that it's his??? I mean, it's right there in front of him ..."

I KNOW I KNOW!!!!! this was probably the only book that pissed me to the highest level EVER!!!!!!!

message 24: by [deleted user] (new)

I know!!!! I rarely come on here to read reviews AFTER I read a book but I seriously needed anger support. Ha! :D And now that I'm going on... After he finds out Krystal lost the baby (and never for a second doubted her honesty there - hello, idiot), he's still going to stay with her????? I need to go punch something. Real people just don't act this way!!!

Britney Vishous wrote: "Terra wrote: "Oh, ALSO (can you tell I'm seriously pissed about this book? ;) He marries that skank WITHOUT even getting proof of an actual pregnancy or that it's his??? I mean, it's right there in..."

Hehehehe I love HATING on this book!! And I love to see I'm not the only one who went completely nuts after finishing it. Oh how I was fuming and seeing red and ranting left and right. This damn book left me mad for days!
Even still, when I talk about it I get all worked up. Horrible damn book!!
So happy I had Vishous to rant to when I finished it ;)

Britney Vishous wrote: "Terra wrote: "Completely agree. Ugh to the nth degree!!!! ALSO, this is supposed to be a girl who has major trust issues? He f's up ROYALLY, in the worst way possible, and then she reacts like THAT..."

It's like you completely mirrored my thoughts on this book...to a freakin T!!

Vishous hahhaa Britney i aim to please :DDDDD yep it is hard to talk to somebody else who didn't like it because almost everybody loved it!

Terra take deep breaths... in... out...in... out... it helped me :D but the funny thing is that it actually did make me feel something even if it was only anger an frustration :DDDDD

message 28: by [deleted user] (new)

Britney wrote: "Vishous wrote: "Terra wrote: "Completely agree. Ugh to the nth degree!!!! ALSO, this is supposed to be a girl who has major trust issues? He f's up ROYALLY, in the worst way possible, and then she ..."

Oh thank goodness! You ladies have calmed me down. Lol. :D Should we draft a re-write from the cheating scene onward??? I vote for a really hot guy to swoop in and woo Cassie, making Jack insanely jealous because I need him to suffer. We can decide on whether he wins her back in the end or not... ;)

Vishous LOL Terra :D but you gotta admit the way he apologized was actually adorable :DDDD
but that actually can't save the whole book :DDDDDDDD

Britney Terra wrote: "Britney wrote: "Vishous wrote: "Terra wrote: "Completely agree. Ugh to the nth degree!!!! ALSO, this is supposed to be a girl who has major trust issues? He f's up ROYALLY, in the worst way possibl..."

Seriously...MIRRORED. MY. THOUGHTS!!
I wanted that to happen too. He needed to really freakin suffer and then lose her! Ugh. Thinking about that asshole and the hell he put her through and then to have the NERVE to dismiss her after she begged (which made me throw up in my mouth) and then ignore her and then make 1 damn gesture to win her back, boils my blood!!

Britney Vishous wrote: "hahhaa Britney i aim to please :DDDDD yep it is hard to talk to somebody else who didn't like it because almost everybody loved it!

Terra take deep breaths... in... out...in... out... it helped m..."

Oh I know everyone loved it which I still don't get, like at all!! I was so happy to have you on my side after I finished reading it. I'm sure you remember me seething over it. Wait, you can just scroll up and see the comments! Lol ;)

Vishous lol it is hard to forget hahaha

message 33: by Richa (last edited Dec 06, 2012 12:15PM) (new) - added it

Richa Oh god. Looks like a jerk of a hero and a stupid and needy heroine. I'll pass. Great review, Vishous!! :) Thanks for it. Never going to add this book to my tbr list now.

Britney Richa wrote: "Oh god. Looks like a jerk of a hero and a stupid an needy heroine. I'll pass. Great review, Vishous!! :) Thanks for it. Never going to add this book to my tbr list now."

Very wise choice!! And you summed it up perfectly- Asshole meets Pathetically Needy.

message 35: by [deleted user] (new)

Thank goodness you ladies were here. I was gonna have to tear something apart. Ha!! His "apology" *was* sweet but he never explained why it took him SIX months to even contact her... a text... nothing?? And she never asked... just accepted that he left her hanging without even knowing if he was done with her or what? And then she is just overjoyed that he wasn't??? deep breath, deep breath. ;)

Vishous hahahahahhahhaaha deep breaths deep breaths :D

Britney WOOSAH ;)

Vishous omg i love that woosah thing hahha

message 39: by [deleted user] (new)

totally agree

message 40: by [deleted user] (new)

Ok, 1 more thing and then I'll attemp to get on with my life. Woosah!!! :D The sex... Us girls all know that what he did was not nearly enough to have her seeing stars the way she was. For all the thousands of women he was apparently with, he sure didn't learn very much.

Vishous omg Terra hahahhaahahhahaha totally!!!!!

Britney Terra wrote: "Ok, 1 more thing and then I'll attemp to get on with my life. Woosah!!! :D The sex... Us girls all know that what he did was not nearly enough to have her seeing stars the way she was. For all the ..."

LMFAO I am dying over here! HILARIOUS
Rant on girl! Rant on! I am lovin it ;)
Everything you have said is sooooo true!!!

Cathy A lot of people really liked the 1st one (over 4 stars on ave) so it's not entirely surprising. Don't know where it's going...but it might get better?!

Vishous ok but this time i am not reading it before i hear what you have to say :D

Cathy Haha! I don't know about that, you have the best status updates that I must say I look forward to reading every day :) I'm sure we'll see it all over the feeds once it's out though.

Vishous Cathy wrote: "Haha! I don't know about that, you have the best status updates that I must say I look forward to reading every day :) I'm sure we'll see it all over the feeds once it's out though."

:) tnx but ---> no f-way! i will end up in lunatic if i read this without knowing how was it! haha

message 48: by [deleted user] (new)

You have GOT to be kidding me!?!? Wait, maybe this is a good thing. Maybe it's a chance for some satisfaction (I.e. Jack dies in a fiery plane crash and that lying skank Chrystal contracts a fatal case of syphilis) after the mind blowing DISSATISFACTION that I am living with after the first book?? Hope springs eternal!! ;)

Britney Vishous wrote: "http://www.goodreads.com/author_blog_...

OMG GIRLS! REALLY?!?!?!"

HOLY CRAP...WHY?!?!!!

Britney Terra wrote: "You have GOT to be kidding me!?!? Wait, maybe this is a good thing. Maybe it's a chance for some satisfaction (I.e. Jack dies in a fiery plane crash and that lying skank Chrystal contracts a fatal ..."

BAHAHAHAHA omg I'm dying!! Freakin hilarious ;)
Now that it the only version id be willing to read!!

« previous 1 3