Dave's Reviews > No Apology: The Case for American Greatness

No Apology by Mitt Romney

Aug 31, 12

bookshelves: non-fiction
Read from August 28 to 30, 2012

I decided to read Obama's Audacity of Hope and Romney's No Apology back to back in order to compare and contrast the two. In doing so, I came to the conclusion that there is little if any difference between Romney's and Obama's views on the role of government. Both men believe that the government should be used to force people to do what the governing officials think is best. Romney and Obama claim to love America and claim to believe that Americans are great, but neither believes that Americans are great enough to make their own decisions.

Sign into Goodreads to see if any of your friends have read No Apology.

dateDown_arrow    newest »

message 1: by Chad (new)

Chad I can't think of any political book I have enjoyed. They are just long boring infomercials trying to sell an agenda. Whether I agree with their politics or not, I'd rather spend my time reading something more interesting.

message 2: by Dave (new) - rated it 1 star

Dave Chad wrote: "I can't think of any political book I have enjoyed. They are just long boring infomercials trying to sell an agenda. Whether I agree with their politics or not, I'd rather spend my time reading something more interesting."

For the most part, I agree. Every once in a while, I like to read a book by a politician, just to hear other point's of view on issues. This book was particularly bad. I went through it pretty quickly so that I could on to bigger and better.

message 3: by David (new)

David Pre-politician Obama's "Dreams" is a good read.