Rebecca's Reviews > Don't Waste Your Life

Don't Waste Your Life by John Piper

F 50x66
Sep 08, 12

This book was recommended to me by a very close friend. In fact, out of all her Christian books, she told me that was probably the best one she had. At first, it was hard for me to get into the book especially in the first few chapters that talked about John Piper's life and different theories that were around when he was going through college about theology.

However, once I actually reached the substance of the book (chapter 3 or so) I couldn't put it down. I've read many Christian books in my life that talk about living radically for God, trying to live as Jesus did, etc. None of those books though hit me like this one. It makes the notion of living your life for Jesus truly real. It makes you question things like when I die will I have truly done anything to help someone see God, did I do as much as I could have done, did I use everyday for God, or did I live an empty life that saved no one. I am sure this book was written for non-christians as well as christians but for me, it reminded what I am here for and if you're a Christian, it can really inspire you again and reminds you of the things that can happen when you try to live every day and every moment for God. Believe it or not you can do that even when doing normal things like work, chores around the house, etc.

I'm very thankful my friend got me to read this book and after reading I finally understood why she has always been someone who used every moment for God. And she got me my own copy so I will be reading it again very soon. Very good and if you read it hopefully everything I said above will make more sense if it doesn't now.

Sign into Goodreads to see if any of your friends have read Don't Waste Your Life.