Kristina's Reviews > Lies My Teacher Told Me

Lies My Teacher Told Me by James W. Loewen

F_50x66
Dec 16, 08

I love works that give you the uncensored truth about history, but this particular book left me feeling as though the author had something to prove, rather than reveal.

Sign into Goodreads to see if any of your friends have read Lies My Teacher Told Me.

dateDown_arrow    newest »

message 1: by Nikomo (last edited Jun 18, 2010 12:18AM) (new)

Nikomo Do you think he was trying to prove that the world has gone to hell because of white men?

Mari That's the feeling I got from this book. :/

Jesse Taylor This book is attempting to support the thesis that high-school history textbooks mislead students about history. It is not supposed to be a history textbook itself.

Katie Exactly what I was thinking.

message 5: by Ontay (new) - added it

Ontay Uugh...well yea it's supposed to prove something. Looks like you made this comment before reading the "first 150 pages". Look's like someone judged a book by it's cover! Lol!

message 6: by Kevin (new)

Kevin Jesse has it correctly. The point is not to present any case other than that the American history taught in textbooks is incorrect. If corrected data happen to make one party look worse, maybe it's worth looking at who wrote the inaccurate information down?

We rightfully condemn the Japanese and Chinese for censoring their histories, why would we support it here in the US?