Nita's Reviews > Kept

Oct 29, 2012

it was ok
bookshelves: arc, urban-fantasy, read-2012
Read from October 29 to 30, 2012

Sorry to say, this urban fantasy did nothing for me. I decided to give it a try because it sounded a little different. Natalya is a werewolf looking to rejoin the pack she grew up with. She's also going to therapy for her germaphobe tendencies and her obsessiveness with collecting holiday ornaments. While she is preparing for the trial to get back into the pack, her father goes missing. She finds out he owes a moon debt to a mafia boss. With the help of some friends she sets out to fulfill that debt and keep her family's honor in the pack. This story also includes a love triangle. Nat has to decide between Thorn, the ex-boyfriend she has never gotten over and Nick, a wizard she met in her therapy group.

Everything was just too goofy - the story, the dialogue, the characters, and their relationships. I rolled my eyes about as much as the characters did in this book. And they rolled their eyes a lot, especially Nat. I did like the family aspect of the book, specifically Nat's relationship with her grandmother and parents. Otherwise, this story just wasn't for me.

ARC provided through Netgalley.

Sign into Goodreads to see if any of your friends have read Kept.