Noodle TheNaughtyNightOwl's Reviews > Witchful Thinking

Witchful Thinking by H.P. Mallory

Sep 08, 12

bookshelves: adult, fairies, fantasy, paranormal, paranormal-romance, shape-shifters, supernatural, vampires, witches-mages
Read from September 07 to 08, 2012

Book three in the Jolie Wilkins Series and I might actually be a legitimate fan! It's taken a while for me to get into this series, I was still firmly a Dulcie O'Neil fan and hadn't quite succumbed to Jolie's charm. But despite this, it was impossible to turn away from Jolie & Rand.

Like the previous instalments, it did take a little for me to "get into" this book, although the surprise twists in the last book made me determined to find out what would happen. As well as the more romantic turn to Jolie & Rand's relationship.

There were a couple of things that annoyed though - the diary entries for one. They interrupted the flow of the story and, for me, were an unnecessary tool to relay information. I also didn't care for the multitudes of flashbacks, although it became apparent in the end why at least one of those existed.

Which brings me to the end. Wow! Wow! Wow! An absolutely brilliant end. Totally unexpected and - I have to say - genius. This is why I read HP Mallory books and why I have not given up on Jolie although it was not love at first sight.

So, now Jolie Wilkins is finally giving Dulcie O'Neil a run for her money in my eyes. And the next book is already in my little hot hands.

This instalment gets a well deserved upgrade in rating from previous ones. I'm going with a 7/10: "Good solid read, something to get your teeth into," on the NBRS.

Sign into Goodreads to see if any of your friends have read Witchful Thinking.

38.0% "So far, so good. Not so keen on the diary entries or the multitudes of flashbacks, but the conflict between Jolie, Rand & Sinjin is great. Can't wait to see how it all ends."
100.0% "Wow! Excellent ending!"