Kat's Reviews > Witches Incorporated

Witches Incorporated by K.E. Mills

Sep 28, 12

bookshelves: 2012, fantasy, urban-fantasy
Read from September 03 to 28, 2012

Basic Plot: Gerald takes on his first janitorial assignment, while Melissande and Bibbie start their own business up. Oddly their first case intersects with Gerald's, dropping the ladies into top-secret business.

I understand logical progression of character, and I completely understood the changes Gerald went through in this book. They made sense in light of the events of the first book. All the same, though, I wanted to like this book a lot more than I ended up liking it. It was actually hard to finish, and considering the intrigue in the plot, it shouldn't have been so hard to do. The problem with this book, though, wasn't Gerald's changes. The plot got bogged down in the details associated with the Witches, Inc group. That plotline couldn't decide what it was trying to be: feminist rant, mystery, or some kind of bizarre comedy of errors. It wasn't engaging. The feminist rants about "gels" also just went over the top. I consider myself to be a feminist, but this book's "feminism" was irritating. I'm just irritated in general. It wasn't a bad book, but the bad parts really bogged down the good parts. I'm honestly trying to figure out if the next book in the series is going to be worth the bother of reading it. I don't know.
1 like · likeflag

Sign into Goodreads to see if any of your friends have read Witches Incorporated.

09/23/2012 page 346
09/28/2012 page 442
78.0% "Not bad, but not nearly as much fun as the first book."