D.C.'s Reviews > Two Sinful Secrets

Two Sinful Secrets by Laurel McKee

Sep 13, 12

Read from August 27 to September 13, 2012

ABOUT THE BOOK: A hundred years has passed since the bitter rivalry between the St. Claires and the Huntingtons began. But in London, the feud goes on . . .

Lady Sophia Huntington isn't what she appears to be. Born into a noble family, the impulsive, wild-hearted beauty has fallen on difficult times. Banished from her home, Sophia dreams of the day she can finally win her father's forgiveness and return to London. Until the sudden appearance of a suitor from the scandalous St. Claire family threatens to reveal her darkest secrets . . .

Dominic St. Claire vows to exact revenge upon the Huntingtons, who destroyed his family's fortune generations ago. His perfect target is the lovely but proud Lady Sophia. After using her to discover the Huntingtons' financial secrets, he will cause a great scandal by eloping-and then abandoning his bride. But his plot soon unravels when he finds his own heart ensnared-in a trap not of his own making.

REVIEW: What a different read. I adore historical, and that’s no secret and this one held all the carvings for such a scandalous affair. Dominic was dashing and broody all at once. His pursuit of Sophia would make any woman swoon. Sophia, too, was a force to be reckoned with and I like how the author didn’t make her the modern lady you find in historicals usually. She stood out as unique and the concept between those two discovering one another was great. While a step was taken between them that I think is rushed, the tale of them falling in love is one that will send your heart thumping.

The writing was descriptive and the dialogue flowed. It seemed at times with the extra words, the flow of the style was interrupted a bit but otherwise it was a fantastic read. One that will have you up at night, reading more delicious things she brings to mind.

I did mark this down to a 4 and ½ but it was only due to the rushed scene I spoke of above and some of the interrupted flows. Truly, this is very enjoyable and one I whole heartily recommend.

Sign into Goodreads to see if any of your friends have read Two Sinful Secrets.