Erin's Reviews > Along for the Ride

Along for the Ride by Sarah Dessen

Aug 27, 12

Read in June, 2012

This was the first Sarah Dessen book I read, and it made me want to read more. Now that I have read 4 of them, I will read them all. I just like the way she writes. Her stories are all similar - young girl, coming of age, navigating life while dealing with different hardships - death, divorce, abandonment, drugs - and of course some sort of romance. But her characters are always well developed and you grow to care about them. I also love how she incorporates relationships, outside of the romance, with a sibling, parent, other girlfriends - that are as equally compelling and fun to read as the romance in the book! I have a soft spot for this particular book, I think, b/c in high school I had a similar experience with a boy. Hanging out after his sister dies - doing nonsense stuff, but doing it together and trying to make life feel normal again. The little moments between the two characters in this book where they really "see" each other and "feel" the other one seeing them...those are what got me the most and made me what to read more Sarah Dessen.

Sign into Goodreads to see if any of your friends have read Along for the Ride.