Gigi's Reviews > The Sibylline Oracle

The Sibylline Oracle by Delia J. Colvin

Aug 31, 12

bookshelves: romance-paranormal
Read in August, 2012

REVISED REVIEW is for the author and all the solid 5 star raters( july/august). I've been a loyal Goodreads reader since 2007 and I love this site because of the honest reviews and nice people. Having said that, my review of 3 stars is not "Bad". If you had done your research, it tells readers that I liked the book. If you care to research some more, a book "NEVER EVER" gets 5 stars all the time and can only be reviewed "ONCE" by the same person. Please look up Cutting for Stone, The Help, Maze Runner, Water for Elephants, A Game of Thrones, Room, Harry Potter, My Sisters Keeper, Lover Mine, A Discovery of Witches and even Twlight(Yes I Am An Avid Reader!). This is the reason why you may be misleading your readers. It's also the reason why loyal Goodreaders are so appalled.

When I give a book 3 stars it means I like the book and I am willing to go forward with the story to see how the characters, plot and even the author grow and progress. Because we all know the second book usually is better than the first. I'm sorry to say, that I decided to let this one go. Even if the 5 stars were unintentional, I feel manipulated into purchasing and reading this book.

Goodreads is made for Book Lovers from all walks of life and I've NEVER encountered a reviewer who would deliberately rebuke and belittle someone else honest review and opinion.

Good Luck to you Delia J. Colvin, I know and understand how hard it is to tell really good stories and that's because I LOVE TO READ THEM!!!!

Scrolll down to see my original review.

I decided to read this book because of all the 5 star ratings. I gave it a 3. Everything seemed forced in the book. The interactions between the characters, the budding relationship between alex and val, the girfriend bonding, and the storyline itself. I felt that there was something missing. The story and characters didn'nt pulll me. I don't get all the high ratings.

Sign into Goodreads to see if any of your friends have read The Sibylline Oracle.

dateDown_arrow    newest »

message 1: by Rose (new) - added it

Rose When you've read hundreds and hundreds of books, you have every right to be discriminating. This is a place for opinions both positive and negative. No one is going to have all 5 stars all the time by every person.

Gigi Obviosly I can be mature enough to agree to disagree with you Mrs. Rudiger. And I must say I applaud the passion you have for this book. I'm happy that you've made it one of your top 5 and if they do make it into a movie I hope you get VIP passes. Unfortunately, I stand by my rating of 3 stars. The story did not flow and the writing hesitant in some places. That was my opinion! SInce you're new to Goodreads i'll let your comment pass about me not being an avid reader. You're more than welcome to take a look at my profile. I'll even add you as a friend if you like. I'm pretty eclectic about my reading genres but I do enjoy my PNR just like you enjoy your Chick Lit (not that there's anything wrong with that). As for my poor taste, I can honestly tell you I'm damn glad they are nothing like yours! Good day Mrs Rudiger.

message 3: by Meaghan (new) - added it

Meaghan R. (YA-aholic) i wish i could like individual comments @gigi

and as for mrs. rudiger, your comment is a little close-minded...this may come as a shock to you, but not everyone is going to agree with you and share your views in life...it's called diversity and free will...

Erik Rudiger My apologies if my love for the book made anyone feel badly. For that, I'm sorry. Please except my apology? I love to read, and just truly feel in love with this book. I also love how the author interacts with her fans. She is first class, in my opinion. I do want my remark that was hastily made to reflect the book or author in any way please. I wish you all well, and happy reading! SR signed in under hubbie again, lol

message 5: by Rose (new) - added it

Rose It was never about your passion or love of book, it was about attacking another reviewer and stating that they obviously had no taste in books. Has nothing to do with how you felt about book. Be clear.