Natalia Ceitidh's Reviews > Crash

bookshelves: young-adult, 2013, received-won
Read from November 21 to 23, 2012

Read more of my reviews at Dazzling Reads

4.75 stars!

Oh. My. Dogs!! This book was awesome! Crash is a thrilling and completely absorbing first installment to a brand new series by New York Times bestselling author Lisa McMann!

The last book I read by Lisa McMann was Gone when it just came out (the last book of the Wake trilogy) which I did enjoy, but unfortunately the ending didn't satisfy. Now, my re-encounter with Miss McMann has definitely been one I will always remember! In fact, this book is an unforgettable one!

Crash is barely 256 pages long, yet Lisa McMann captured so many emotions on this first exciting installment that by the end of the book, I went into a turbo-nail-biting mode! It was amazing!! Jules, our lovely protagonist, smells like pizza. Her family has an Italian restaurant and they live right above it. Jules helps out in the restaurant as well so hence the pizza smell. However, when everything seems to be going just fine, Jules gets a vision of a tragic truck crash in which nine people die. When this vision starts to show up more often,it adds more scenes and details to this scary and horrible scenario. Intrigued by this vision, Jules analyze every second of it until she notices that one of the nine dead people is Sawyer Angotti, the boy she's been in love since forever, and who's also the son of the rival restaurant's owner.

From the moment I read the first page I knew that that was it. I knew that with this book, I would get totally lost within its pages. I was not wrong. Truth be told, I barely put the book down to go class (though skipping was extremely tempting) an even then, I managed to flip a few pages under the desk. This book was so addictive and Good God! what and ending! There is a cliffhanger but it's one of the "kind" ones. What I'm trying to say is that the book has a closure but there is something at the end that will leave you desperate to read the sequel! (believe me, I am!) In addition, there is a whole drama between Jules' family restaurant and Sawyer's family restaurant. Freak parents, forbidden affairs, legal issues, extreme rivalry, etc! I think that the tension between Jules and Sawyer's families and restaurants add the perfect amount of salt and pepper to the plot!

With a sweet and yummy (in the case of Sawyer) cast of characters, a hot pace, a spicy plot, and a delicious, and at times bittersweet romance, Crash by Lisa McMann has all the ingredients to deliver the perfect YA feast! Readers will certainly devour/swallow it in just one seat! Super recommended!

Sign into Goodreads to see if any of your friends have read Crash.

11/21/2012 page 48
20.0% "I just wanted to read the first page because I was very curious, but aaah! I couldn't stop myself! This is awesome!"
11/22/2012 page 107
41.0% "This is so good!"
11/23/2012 page 189
73.0% "OH MY DOGS! This is AWESOME!!!!!!!!!!"
11/23/2012 page 199
77.0% "Nooo! why did you have to ruin the awesomeness of this book with such a stupid decision?! From awesome to stupid. Great!"