Jeffe Kennedy's Reviews > Monster in My Closet

Monster in My Closet by R.L. Naquin

Sep 08, 12

Read from August 27 to September 08, 2012

I first "met" Rachel because she fangirled me on my blog. So I knew right away that she possessed extraordinary intelligence and good taste. ;-) Quite a bit later she announced that she'd sold a book to Carina, one of my same presses. Because she'd supported me, I did what I could to support her. But there's always a bit of trepidation when you finally get to read the book. You *hope* you'll like it. You WANT to like it, but maybe you won't.

To my utter delight, I LOVED this book!

I wasn't sure of the premise, starting off with the childhood closet monster turning up in an adult woman's life, but that's just part of what makes this such a fresh and fun book. There are bits so funny I laughed out loud and there's darkness that gets quite grim. The demon is truly scary, with no cute sexiness.

Already I have a sense of loss that the story is over - always the mark of a good book for me. There are still many threads to tie up, so I'm hoping Rachel will be coming forth with Book 2 soon!

Sign into Goodreads to see if any of your friends have read Monster in My Closet.

08/27/2012
17.0% "Such a fun book!"
08/31/2012
58.0% "loving this book - so fresh and fun!"
show 3 hidden updates…