Ashley Williams's Reviews > Word and Breath

Word and Breath by Susannah Noel

Aug 27, 12

Read in August, 2012

This was an intriguing read, this is one of those books you will just devour!! I couldn't put it down.. the flow of the book was perfect. There were several swoonworthy moments. The overall premise and setting was interesting as well. Sweet yet sexy, definitely a 5 star in my opinion and a must read.

Post Apocalypse.. reading is nearly extinct. Those who can read work for the Office of Readers, trying to find codes in written text. Riana tried to maintain a low profile, but is suddenly thrust into an underground rebel movement. Her sister gets kidnapped, she gets shot at, and an incredibly sexy Soul-Breather named Mikel is interested in her. She soon learns that his interest was initially to betray her. Riana also reunites with Conner, a long lost friend, that is willing to help her find her sister and answers to her problems. The the two men swallow their pride and work together to solve Riana's problems.

One of my many favourite quotes:

"Have you ever met someone's eyes-maybe just accidentally across a room-and you made a connection with them? For just that instant you know what they're feeling. You feel what they're feeling. You've connected."

Sign into Goodreads to see if any of your friends have read Word and Breath.