Billy's Reviews > Blood and Whiskey

Blood and Whiskey by Clark Hays

Aug 26, 2012

Read in January, 2012

Lizzie's life has recently turned bizarre as she has become a newbie vampire and to top that off she is carrying Tucker's child, in which he insists that they tie knot. Of all the places in the world to live, she is living in the small town of Lonepine, Wyoming, population 438. Since her father is deceased, she is forced to become the Queen Vampire, but in order to keep the throne she must impress the corrupted Council of Nine by turning a human into a vampire.

Despite being a creature of the night, she is disgusted by the taste of blood, even the new manufactured kind. If Lizzie cannot turn a human into one of her own, then chaos will be released upon Earth, and the Reptile clan will rise to power bringing death to the humans.

I have never read the first book,The Cowboy and the Vampire: A Darkly Romantic Mystery, but I easily caught up with who was who and what was what. I never thought that vampires would nest in a small town in Wyoming, but it seems to work here. Poor Lizzie has so much weight on her shoulders, thanks to her father, while she is keeping her relationship with Tucker going strong. The political vampire drama reminds me of True Blood (aka The Southern Vampire Diaries), but the authors uses quirky dialogue and several twists and turns to keep the plot from becoming clichéd. I enjoyed reading this funny, action-packed vampire tale.

*I would like to thank Bewitching Book Tours for providing me with a review copy.
4 likes · flag

Sign into Goodreads to see if any of your friends have read Blood and Whiskey.

08/02 marked as: read