Trina's Reviews > Notes from Exile

Notes from Exile by T.M. Spooner

Sep 27, 12

bookshelves: first-reads
Read from September 04 to 27, 2012

I have exiled myself before and this book is a great story of what it is like to live in that manner. T.M. Spooner really creates a portrait with is words, that is somewhat falling short because at times you can really feel the emotions that the characters are going through and the impact that they cause on each other. I am not saying that it is an "emotional" book, just that it is written well with great word choice.

I started this book right before going back to my college classes, so it took me a while to find the time to finish, I was able to maintain what was happening throughout the breaks and if any has done this with other novels, then you know sometimes if a book doesn't have that certain quality to it it is hard to pick back up.

This book is great and rich in culture and detail. Set in Mexico, not tourist Mexico, I felt as though I was there and I have never experienced non-tourist Mexico. I recommend this book to any who feel like taking a trip through a good story.

I would like to thank goodreads and T.M. Spooner for the opportunity to read this book.
Likeflag

Sign into Goodreads to see if any of your friends have read Notes from Exile.

09/12/2012 "This is a great book so far. I will have a review for it soon :)"
09/16/2012 "Getting close to being done. Notable quote "A horse and rider trotted past and the hooves made a consoling clatter against the street. Harold thought this was the kind of sound a person would miss and he felt a fondness for what had grown familiar, even in exile.""
09/23/2012
95.0% "Will have a review soon :)"