Angela James's Reviews > More than Meets the Ink

More than Meets the Ink by Elle Aycart

Aug 28, 12

bookshelves: 2012, digital-first, erotic
Read from August 26 to 28, 2012

I liked a lot about this book, including the author's writing, but I disliked the heroine enough that it really affected my enjoyment of the book. I think she improves about halfway through, but her judgmental issues were still a struggle for me. It was a strange dichotomy for me because on the other hand, the hero is perfect. I mean, the perfect guy. He has no flaws that I can see. He's kind, helpful, loving, protective, giving, understanding, has a sense of humor and puts up with her judgmental attitude. Oh, and of course he's amazing in bed & worried more about her pleasure. Seriously, he's the perfect guy. I liked him a lot (of course) but I would have liked him to be not quite so perfect. Maybe just one little flaw?

Anyway, I would have given this book 4 stars, but my issues with the heroine had me struggling. However, I thought the author's writing was incredibly readable, and I've already bought the second book! Also, I know many readers didn't have the same issues I did with the heroine, and I do recognize the irony in not liking the heroine because she's not perfect and then wishing the hero wasn't quite so perfect, so I wouldn't discourage anyone from giving this a try!

Sign into Goodreads to see if any of your friends have read More than Meets the Ink.

08/26/2012
40.0% "Not a fan of this heroine. Man, she's a judgmental wench."