Mia Balsamo's Reviews > The Monster at the End of this Book

F 50x66
Aug 26, 12

bookshelves: picturebook
Read in August, 2012

PB11: I have such great memories of this book. I did not personally own it, but my grandma owned it and every time I went to her house I would run to her book closet and pick out this book and snuggle up in her chair with her and she would read me this book. She was very enthusiastic about reading so I was always very engrossed while she read to me. The illustrations are amazing as Grover tries to stop you from turning the page. Even though I knew what actually did happen at the end of the page I was always sure the ending would change every time my grandma read it to me. This is a great book for children. It allows them to be engaged while reading as well as understand how different font sizes corresponds with how you are supposed to read the words. I think this book also helps with children understanding decision making...if the child chooses to turn the page they know what may or may not be waiting for them. I would definitely recommend this book.
Likeflag

Sign into Goodreads to see if any of your friends have read The Monster at the End of this Book.