Anne's Reviews > Harry's First Christmas

Harry's First Christmas by G. Norman Lippert

Aug 26, 12

Harry First Christmas
A Marauders Christmas Story

See what I mean? How could I ever say "no" to the Marauders? So, while I'm not a huge fan of the fanfiction universe, I read this having just finished another short story from the same author about the founders (which I must admit I rather enjoyed) Link: Merlin's Gift

Spoilers ahead!

I have to write this! I LOVED the small references everywhere! Especially the one about Fred and George (who have been mentioned as being capable of giving some of the marauders "a run for their money") and how one of them tried to slip a zonko bomb in James' pocket. And there was even a mention of the incident in that short story Jo Rowling had written about the marauders! *reminisces*

Alright, now that that's out of my system, on with the review. Maybe this is just the Potter dork in me struggling with this, but there were a few things that just didn't feel right. For starters, the conversation between Severus and James and the latter talking about the former being the next Potions Master. This was a secret arrangement and there's no way the Potters could've known about this. And even if they did, I highly doubt Severus would confront them out in the open where his cover could be blown. To be honest, the entire conversation bothered me. They were just too... civil to each other. Haha, maybe that's the part that felt weird.

There's also the fact that Severus kept talking to Lily as "Evans" which, as far as I can remember (and I could be wrong) he never did.

Oh well. Must remember this isn't by Jo Rowling.

Like with the other story, it was well-written, and enjoyable as well. The author really did try to stick to the original essence of the characters (for the most part) which I'm grateful for - I really do enjoy reading about them. A good read and very good for something that's written by another fan.
1 like · Likeflag

Sign into Goodreads to see if any of your friends have read Harry's First Christmas.