Wendy's Reviews > A Breath of Snow and Ashes

A Breath of Snow and Ashes by Diana Gabaldon

Apr 09, 09

bookshelves: historical-romance, scottish-romance, favorites, time-travel, diana-gabaldon
Recommended for: romance/ time travel/ historical lovers
Read in April, 2009, read count: 3

Since this series is one of my favorites I really liked this book, but I think I liked it more this time around. I tried to get into the details of the story more and take it slow. Gabaldon writes so much detail and in spots so ellequently that you have to go slow to appreciate it.

Jamie and Claire return in this the 6th book in the Outlander series. They are caught in the turmoil leading up to the Revolutionary war in America and must choose alegience to one side or the other. Strange things are afoot on the ridge though. When a small fire spot is found with human hand bones inside and later a mystrious sickness affects Claire we are wondering what is going on.

Brianna, Roger and Jem live on the ridge and try to help cross religious boundries when new tenants come to live there that are not Catholic. Roger is thinking and praying about the situation and decides to become a Minister. Though Brianna doesn'r know quite what to think she wants to support Roger, and we see their relationship grow during this time and while they are trying for another baby.

This like the other books is touching in places. Jamie and Claire's love is inspiring and the love they have for their children, real and adopted, is wonderful.

I love these characters! I can't wait for the next book to come out in Sept. 09.
1 like · Likeflag

Sign into Goodreads to see if any of your friends have read A Breath of Snow and Ashes.

Quotes Wendy Liked

Diana Gabaldon
“The dog would run a few steps toward the house, circle once or twice as though unable to decide what to do next, then run back into the wood, turn, and run again toward the house, all the while whining with agitation, tail low and wavering.
"Jesus H. Roosevelt Christ," I said. "Bloody Timmy's in the well!”
Diana Gabaldon, A Breath of Snow and Ashes

04/01/2009 page 250
04/04/2009 page 733
74.8% "Donner just showed up again, and Claire just stole the syringe from Fentinman."
04/07/2009 page 733
74.8% "Tom Christy just confessed to the Governor about Malva's Death."
show 2 hidden updates…