Shawna's Reviews > Veil of Midnight

Veil of Midnight by Lara Adrian

5 stars - Vampire Romance

The fifth installment in Lara Adrian’s marvelous Midnight Breed series did not disappoint, and in fact; she seems to get even better with each book. Veil of Midnight focuses on Breed warrior Nikolai and psychic, kick-butt heroine Renata. Niko is a battle loving adrenaline junkie, yet tender, romantic, and loving (albeit somewhat reluctant to admit it) and Renata is his perfect match/mate. There’s lots of action and Niko and Renata have dangerously hot chemistry. They might even be my favorite Breed couple so far in the series. There’s also a gifted Breedmate child, Mira, who’s central to the story and adds to Renata’s richness as a character. I would have liked a bit more involvement from the other Breed warriors and their Breedmates, but it’s clear that Adrian is building things up for future installments and a grand showdown with the Order against Dragos and his captive Ancient. I can’t wait for the next book in this awesome series!

Sign into Goodreads to see if any of your friends have read Veil of Midnight.

02/24/2009 page 0
02/28/2009 page 132
37.18% "I've waited to read this because I knew I'd be sad for it to end and am anxious for the next book in the series. So far, I'm loving Niko!"