Robin's Reviews > Faith of the Fallen

Faith of the Fallen by Terry Goodkind

Jan 04, 13

bookshelves: fantasy
Read in October, 2008

My husband and I have both been addicted to the Sword of Truth series since my brother introduced it to us. We're down to the last couple of books. FYI- don't bother with the tv series "based" on the books.

This particular book makes you question the widely followed philosophy of always caring for your neighbor. This shows the dark side of putting others before yourself, essentially saying that their lives are more important than your own.

It would certainly be best if you read the books before this in the series, but you could probably get a lot out of it even without all the background the previous books provide.

I've enjoyed the series though there is brutal violence in many books, somehow it doesn't take away from my love of the story. The violence is never superfluous, it is used to make the bad guys truly evil.

Some of the books have been wrapped up rather conveniently and the author does tend to be far too long-winded, but having said all that I would still recommend the series.

Sign into Goodreads to see if any of your friends have read Faith of the Fallen.

dateDown_arrow    newest »

Emily I am also addicted to the series,

the tv show is nothing like it really, but they Richard and Kahlan they casted are great

Melissa I never knew there was a TV show! What's it called?!

message 3: by Robin (last edited Apr 03, 2013 11:27AM) (new) - rated it 5 stars

Robin Melissa wrote: "I never knew there was a TV show! What's it called?!"
It was Legend of the Seeker.

It was very Hercules/Xena-esque