Aimee's Reviews > The Lure of Shapinsay

The Lure of Shapinsay by Krista Holle

Aug 27, 12

Read from August 26 to 27, 2012

This book was a fun read. I liked both the main characters, Kait and Eamon, a lot and I liked how Holle wrote from both Kait and Eamon's point of view throughout the book. It was great to read about what both characters were thinking and feeling.

What I enjoyed the most was the story that was told. I love mythology and have read several books about mermaids but this is the first time I have read about a selkie man who enchants a young woman. Holle does a wonderful job with filling the book with lots of tension and I really enjoyed reading about selkies and how they lived differently from humans.

The only problem I had with the book was with the dialogue. Some of the things that Kait and Eamon say just seemed repetitive to me and I just didn't like how certain things were worded, but that is probably just a personal thing that bothered me.

If you enjoy mythology, especially reading about selkies, I thing you would really enjoy this unique book. It has an intense love story and likable characters that will keep you reading this entertaining book. There is a nice little twist in the end that I did not see coming at all that I thought made the perfect ending to this book.

Sign into Goodreads to see if any of your friends have read The Lure of Shapinsay.