Mallory Heart Reviews's Reviews > Project ELE

Project ELE by Rebecca Gober

Aug 27, 12

bookshelves: august-2012-reads, august-reading-challenge-ntoyab, lpsummerreadchallenge, summer-reading-challenge-jun1-aug31
Recommended to Mallory Heart by: Books4Tomorrow
Read on August 27, 2012 — I own a copy, read count: 1

Review of Project ELE by Rebecca Gober and Courtney Nuckles

Reviewed for Books4Tomorrow Facebook Event, ending September 9 2012. Ebook copy provided via Books4Tomorrow.
5 Stars +

I so totally enjoyed this most riveting and likable dystopian novel that I want to give it 16 or 18 stars. This is in the “champion class” of Dystopian sub-genre, and here’s why:
Like every “good” dystopian, there’s plausibility (yes, Virginia, our reality could experience something exactly like this or very similar); it’s near-futuristic (yes, Virginia, our grandchildren, children, even our generation, could experience this); it’s peopled with characters ranging the gamut of human attitude and experience.

Like the “best” dystopian, it doesn’t leave us depressed, gasping for breath to overcome despair. No, “Project ELE” (despite the terribly horrific meaning of its title) sings of hope, of faith-of trust and of love, of survival and of the will to overcome, not just to exist but to live. It even has an anti-bullying platform theme (yes, who would think in advance that bullies would be worrisome when the world is about to end? Well, most of us might not, but our very imaginative authors sure did!) This novel plucked the strings of all my fears about global warming, pandemic plague, and certain governmental agencies and policies-and I loved it! I absolutely gloried in this novel! Can’t wait to push everything aside and go read it again!

Sign into Goodreads to see if any of your friends have read Project ELE.

08/27/2012 "Reviewing"