Angelc's Reviews > Waltz with a Stranger

Waltz with a Stranger by Pamela Sherwood

Jan 10, 13

3.5 Stars

The first half of this book was very fun and entertaining, with some great interconnected love triangles. However, the latter half of the book lost steam and started to focus more on the death of James' cousin instead of the interactions between the characters. It became more of a mystery story than a romance in my opinion.

The writing was excellent, the story moved right along, even at over 400 pages. If only the story had kept its focus on the couples, I would have enjoyed it all the way through. The characters were drawn very well, how interesting that the twins loved each other so much and never wanted to hurt each other over a man. The secondary characters were great as well. I especially liked the brooding artist Sheridan.

I think this book would appeal to readers interested in a heavy dose of mystery with their romance. I also think fans of the turn of the century era manners and formalities would enjoy this one as well. All of the balls and entanglements are sorted out very well in this story.

Overall, I loved the first part of the book which focused more on the characters and their social situations rather than the end which was all about the mystery.

ARC sent by publisher in exchange for honest review

reviewed for http://inthehammockblog.blogspot.com

1 like · flag

Sign into Goodreads to see if any of your friends have read Waltz with a Stranger.