Jennifer's Reviews > Save Me

Save Me by Lisa Scottoline

Aug 26, 12

Read from August 25 to 26, 2012

It felt like I finished every chapter (and there were at least fifty of them....) with an eye roll accompanied by saying "ugh, this is horrible." Every chapter I debated just abandoning the book, but the thing is I was just too curious to find out what happend (not necessarily because the plot was good.... just because I am so curious and I hate the idea of investing time in a book and not knowing how it ends).

About a quarter of the way through the book, I could just sense that I wasn't going to like it... So I started skimming a couple pages at a time hoping that things would get better... It didn't so I started skimming chapters. The plot was so far-fetched, the main character (Rose) was simply unbelieveable (one minute she has no back-bone, and then switches to a super slueth, and then back to no back bone within a matter of pages). The dialogue was incredibly cheesy, for lack of a better word. It's a shame because I quite enjoyed Lisa Scottoline's Look Again. I wouldn't even suggest Save Me as a quick, light summer read.

Sign into Goodreads to see if any of your friends have read Save Me.